MOSAIC NOLA:The Gentilly Project

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

why can't we do this?

I was just down in South Carolina from Thursday to Sunday. It was a relief to say the least. I had a lot of fun, but in the back of my mind I had an idea that I would see or talk to someone who had been in NO. Sure enough I did. I asked them what they had done or what they had been doing in the way of relief and he said: Everything, giving out food helping rebuild houses, clearing out rubbish...etc. Just hearing those things made me feel much better about the situation in NO because it was clear that there are things being done in relief for Katrina victims. I asked him what he thought the victims need down there and basically, the most essential need is manpower. Yes they will need money and food and clothes etc, but most important is the ability to be able to put their lives back together by reestablishing tier space. That doesn't seem that hard to do, why cant it be done?

1 Comments:

  • mustafa,

    i just came back from new orleans this afternoon, and what i saw matched the observations of the person you met.

    the breadth of damage blows the mind, yet it is approaching a point that is managable, with respect to helping families return to their homes.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home