MOSAIC NOLA:The Gentilly Project

Thursday, January 05, 2006

On the twelfth day..

Early next week, I am meeting with my faculty partners on campus to discuss possible next steps.

Although the immediate project is about New Orleans, the broad issue for me is how to facilitate widespread coordination without bureaucratic controls. There are a great variety of public problems that strain the planning and resources of federal/local governments (e.g., (e.g., emergency preparation and response, homeland security), and I think such problems are well suited to organizing that exhibits some "openness" to motivated participants. But that's my perspective from an organization/management theory perspective.

What will my colleagues see about this from the perspectives of Geography and Environmental Justice?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home