MOSAIC NOLA:The Gentilly Project

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Return from Louisiana

I returned from Baton Rouge last night. On Saturday November 19, the MOSAIC project had co-hosted the Rights, Recovery & Renaissance summit with the Louisiana NAACP at the Southern University Law Center. On Sunday, I went to New Orleans and spent the afternoon with parents of a current Dartmouth student, and I was taken on a tour of the city.

Throughout the Thanksgiving weekend, I'll be posting here about the trip. It made a big difference seeing New Orleans for myself (thank you, Renee!). Those who know me understand that I hardly ever take off my "organization sensibility." As I was seeing the city, I couldn't help but process how recovery of the city - and the recovery of New Orleans families - might be organized.

I'll post some of these ideas here every day through Monday, as well as some of the actions that I'm taking to move them along. I never know exactly what students in my class will discover and do as it relates to this project, so there might be additional content on the MOSAIC website too in the coming days.

The big takeaway from my trip: What would you do for a New Orleans family? I'll explain what I mean during this holiday weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home