MOSAIC NOLA:The Gentilly Project

Saturday, December 24, 2005

What Christmas?

"I don't even care about Christmas now," said Ashira Francis, who lost her rented eastern New Orleans home and everything in it to Katrina. "Once I get into a house I can worry about that." -- 'WHAT CHRISTMAS?' Times-Picayune (Steve Ritea)
I hope Ashira Francis, wherever she is right now, has at least a moment of holiday spirit, stripped away of the frenzy, the spending, and the obligations we take on for the season.
I pray that all of our differences the night before Christmas might fade away, as each of us seeks (and finds?) a peace in spirit. A window of peace and silence that comes when the world shuts down, so that caring for ourselves and others comes first before everything else.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home